Raspberry Days - August 2-5, 2012

Raspberry Days is a four day festival that takes place near a lake that is located two and a half hours away from our house. My mother's side of the family gathers for a family reunion dinner each year on the Saturday during the festival. However, it's common for family members to come up earlier, when the festival starts. We typically have anywhere from 50 to 125 people show up for the reunion each year. This year, the festival took place from Thursday, August 2, 2012 through Sunday, August 5, 2012. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the reunion dinner this year.
 
This first picture is of my parents, some of my Aunts and Uncles,
and a few of my cousins at the Raspberry Days parade on Thursday, August 2nd.
 
 Alissa and I watching the parade
 
Lightning McQueen and Mater, from the "Cars" movie,
made an appearance at the parade. 
 
 Alissa and her cousins stood by waiting for candy to be thrown at them. Each child ended up with a bag full of candy by the end of the parade. I ended up collecting most of Alissa's candy as she sat in the chair and watched. I shared with Alissa's cousin B, who is five months younger, because he didn't want to collect candy either. It's hard for the three year olds since the older kids are bigger and faster.

On Friday, August 3, 2012, my father took Alissa and I boating along with my Aunt K, Cousin T. and a few of Aunt K's grandkids (including T.'s kids).

Here is a picture of Alissa and I on the boat with Grandpa driving behind us. 
 
 Cousins A., C., and B. swimming... Alissa didn't want to swim
 
 Uncle R. took Alissa on his four wheeler. She LOVED it.
 
 On Saturday, August 4, 2012, Alissa and I went to the carnival and got our faces painted. Since "101 Dalmations" is Alissa's favorite movie, she chose to get her face painted like a dalmation. Alissa begged me to have my face painted as well and she suggested this pink flower...  
 
 Alissa purchased a Bubble Gun with some money that Grandpa and Grandma D. gave her. Grandpa D. is patiently waiting up ahead while Alissa is blowing bubbles with her gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment