School Fun Run

Alissa's elementary school has two big fundraisers each year. The first one was held today, October 10, 2014. I took the day off work to take pictures all day. I volunteered for the PTA since they didn't have anyone who could take pictures for the morning races. The afternoon races were for grades 1-6 so they had too many kids for one photographer. Here are some pics of Alissa and her class during the morning races.
Alissa's Kindergarten Class
Ready, Set...
 
GO!
 
 Alissa running during the race
 Each kid was provided a water and an apple after the race 
I brought a string cheese for Alissa as a snack after
 Here is Alissa eating her apple and showing off her ribbon. All the Kindergarten kids got a ribbon. But, Alissa did not place. The top three girls and top three boys all received recognition for placing. I was proud of Alissa though as she finished the race ahead of many other kids. My only expectation was for her to finish the race and not give up, which she did. That's the most important thing in my opinion.  
 Here is Alissa with her daycare friends. The boy next to Alissa is the fastest runner in Kindergarten. He placed first during the race. I was very proud of him. I got pictures of him crossing the finish line way ahead of the other kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment