May 24, 2015 - Our Hike To Donut Falls

 Our family hiked to Donut falls today. We accidently stumbled upon the trail last weekend, on May 17, 2015, but Alissa was wearing flip flops and it started to rain on us. Therefore, we decided to leave and come back another day. Today seemed the perfect day for it. The hike was NOT muddy this time around and we hiked the trail with ease. Alissa was excited to see some chipmunks along the way and we even saw one eating. Here are some fun pictures. You may notice that our pant legs are all rolled up in the pictures. This is because we had to cross the creek in order to get to the falls. It wasn't safe for us to hike up to the DONUT part of the falls since it's very slippery and not recommended, especially for a 6 year old.
Here are two of the chipmunks that Alissa saw
This one is eating a carrot or something that was given to him
In this picture, Alissa is hiking up the hill to look for more chipmunks 
 Here is Alissa crossing the creek to head back to the car after our fun day. Unfortunately, I followed her across the logs and ended up falling into the water and hitting my head on a rock, but my injuries were mild. I was cold and wet, but I was able to hike the trail back to the car to warm up. 
 Steve and Alissa enjoyed running down the trail since they knew I was in a hurry to get back to the car. Unfortunately, I didn't feel much like running since I was so cold. But, I'm grateful I wasn't seriously injured and I had a wonderful day. I will definately take this hike again when the right opportunity presents itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment